WILCHESTER TRASH COLLECTION & RECYCLING
The Wilchester neighborhood contracts with WCA America, Inc. for solid waste collection and recycling. To ensure prompt and efficient garbage and recycling collection, please familiarize yourself with our collection guidelines below and attached.
Please pay close attention to WCA’s different guidelines attached for household waste, tree/yard waste, heavy trash and recycling. Out of courtesy to your neighbors, please do not leave curbside collection items at the curb for days at a time.
For instance, if your yard is maintained on Wednesdays or Saturdays AFTER pick up from WCA then it is discourteous to leave bags of yard waste on the curb until the following pick up day. It is acceptable for yards maintained on Tuesdays or Fridays for collection items to sit curbside for a day.
Heavy trash should be hauled to the curb early Saturday AM, it is not acceptable to leave heavy trash curbside overnight.
Recycling should be placed curbside only on Wednesday mornings. Please do not place recycling bins out the night before in order to decrease the chances of loose recycling blowing out of the bins littering our streets.
- Solid Waste Collection: Wednesday & Saturday
- Bulky Trash: Saturday
- Recycling: Wednesday
- Trash must be available for collection by 7:00am
- Recycle Collection Guidelines
- Holidays. The following holidays will be observed: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. If a holiday falls on a collection day, then your garbage will be collected on the next regularly scheduled pickup day.
- Hazardous Waste Disposal. Refer to the collection guidelines.
- Service Disruptions. If service is disrupted for any reason (equipment problems, weather, etc.), collection will generally resume on the next day.
- Customer Service: 713-787-9790 (M-F 8am-5pm; Sat 9am-noon),